Sunday, May 1
Saguaro National Park West
2700 N. Kinney Road
Featuring Tucson poets & writers writing with or reciting to saguaros!
Access Fee Waiver here.
How to do it:
1. SIGN UP online at www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand
2. MEET in parking lot in front of the Park Visitor Center to receive instructions. Bring a flashlight or headlamp!
3. STAND (or sit) with a saguaro for an hour (if you can, but any length of time will do!).
4. POST your discoveries and a photo of you and your saguaro with #IStandWithSaguaros to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Additional identifiers: #SaguaroNationalPark #BorderlandsTheater #ImagineYourParks#NPS100 #NPSUrban and on Twitter @BLTheater, @SaguaroNPS, @NEAarts
5. SHARE you experiences in a short conversation/interview afterwards or leave your comments in writing with us.
6. A word about FEES: Fees to enter Saguaro National Park are waived if you say you are “standing with a saguaro.” However, we encourage a $10 donations (which you can offer at the entrance kiosk or in the visitor center) to help protect public lands and wilderness areas. Access Fee Waiver here.
What do I bring?
Water, hat, camera/phone (to record your image with your saguaro!)
The campaign runs April 16-May 31.
Don’t forget to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand.
(Additional stands on May 7, May 15, & May 29)