Saturday, May 7, 2016
Saguaro National Park East
3693 S. Old Spanish Trail
This stand was originally planned as an inter-faith stand, for members of various churches and spiritual groups. There will be members of Empty Mountain Sangha and maybe some others. Anyone can come and there will be no religious offerings or expectations.
Access Fee Waiver here.
How to do it:
1. SIGN UP online at www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand
2. MEET at the Javelina Picnic Area, past the Visitor Center parking lot, through the fee booth, and to the right a mile or so.
3. STAND (or sit) with a saguaro for an hour (if you can, but any length of time will do!).
4. POST your discoveries and a photo of you and your saguaro with #IStandWithSaguaros to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Additional identifiers:#SaguaroNationalPark #BorderlandsTheater #ImagineYourParks#NPS100#NPSUrban and on Twitter @BLTheater, @SaguaroNPS, @NEAarts
5. SHARE you experiences in a short conversation/interview afterwards or leave your comments in writing with us.
6. A word about FEES: Fees to enter Saguaro National Park are waived if you say you are “standing with a saguaro.” However, we encourage a $10 donations (which you can offer at the entrance kiosk or in the visitor center) to help protect public lands and wilderness areas. Access Fee Waiver here.
What do I bring?
Water, hat, camera/phone (to record your image with your saguaro!)
The campaign runs April 16-May 31.
Don’t forget to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand.
(Additional stands on May 15, & May 29)