Join Tom Walbank, Samantha Bouenkeua, Lisa O’Neill, and others in serenading saguaros. Bring your own instrument and serenade!
The second group stand in the#IStandwithSaguaros campaign to befriend, support, and connect with iconic species of the Sonoran Desert, features Tucson musicians.
Saguaro National Park East
3693 S. Old Spanish Trail
Saturday, April 23, 2016
How to do it:
1. SIGN UP online at www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand
2. MEET in parking lot in front of the Park Visitor Center to receive instructions. Bring a flashlight or headlamp!
3. STAND (or sit) with a saguaro for an hour (if you can, but any length of time will do!).
4. POST your discoveries and a photo of you and your saguaro with #IStandWithSaguaros to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Additional identifiers: #SaguaroNationalPark #BorderlandsTheater #ImagineYourParks#NPS100 #NPSUrban and on Twitter @BLTheater, @SaguaroNPS, @NEAarts
5. SHARE you experiences in a short conversation/interview afterwards or leave your comments in writing with us.
6. A word about FEES: Fees to enter Saguaro National Park are waived if you say you are “standing with a saguaro.” However, we encourage a $10 donations (which you can offer at the entrance kiosk or in the visitor center) to help protect public lands and wilderness areas.
What do I bring?
Water, hat, camera/phone (to record your image with your saguaro!)
The campaign runs April 16-May 31.
Don’t forget to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aafab22a2fc1-istand.
(Additional stands on May 1, May 7, May 15, & May 29)